I am what I am; I will be what I will be.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Contrext/Out of Context and Photography

The exhibition ‘Sensing Nature’, subtitled “rethinking the Japanese perception of nature” held at the Mori Art Museum (July 24-November 07, 2010) is a collection of installations and video works by three artists: Yoshioka Tokujin, Shinoda Taro and Kuribayashi Takashi. Though not a conceptually challenging or radical exhibition by any means, it does offer certain elements of the spectacle, particularly the larger installations as well as a glimpse of the work of technology and mechanization in the production of art. I wondered if the installations could be captured as images out of context, selected details of the larger work, and in the process whether they could ‘seem’ like artworks of a particular kind that used color, shadows and light.




No comments:

Post a Comment